Hello again internet.
My summer project has been to follow a crochet pattern and make myself a new item of clothing, ready for the colder winter months. I’ve always enjoyed crochet, but almost never do I actually finish what I start! I’m happy to say that I’ve actually succeeded in completing something this time! Yay me!
The original pattern was a free one that I found on the web, via Pinterest.
It was all in American terminology (we English use slightly different terms for the stitches), and suggested that you use a yarn type that you can’t buy here in the UK! So it was ultimately a bit of a guessing game, but the end product does fit me! Therefore I class it as a success!
To start with I made the back piece:
Next, I created the left front:
For the right front, I had to manually reverse the shaping instructions. The pattern has a definite right and wrong side, but the instructions simply said “make 2”. The shape at the top would have been wrong, had I followed the pattern exactly.
I then created both sleeves, and was able to piece some of it together so that I could try it on to see if it needed any adjustments. I ended up adding a few additional rows under the arms, as it was a little tight at first. The collar was the last section before piecing it all together; and finally the edge trimming around the front and collar.
It took approx 3 months to make in total, only working on random evenings and weekends.
The finished result:
(Next time I’ll remember to smile in my photos!)
I quite like it, and I’ve had several nice comments from family and friends. I am glad that I managed to complete it before my MBA university course starts up again in a couple of weeks. Else it would have likely sat on the side incomplete for months, possibly forever!
ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: Crochet!